Thursday, August 14, 2014

Non-Profit Spotlight: The Young And Brave



I have decided to start blogging again, and this time it will not only focus on my health, but have a deeper and more helpful vision. My husband, Matt, and I have been married now for two years, and one of our greatest passions is finding foundations with a purpose. We love organizations like Sevenly that strive to give back to other non-profits that help different people around the world.

I believe that there is a desire and passion within all of us to help people, but a lot of us tend to be so overwhelmed by the needs of others. Where do I start? Who do I help? We tend to be bombarded with donating to this charity, or helping with these people, but have no idea why we should help or who to even help.

Once every four weeks Now Bid Me Run will feature a different organization. I will be hitting mine, my husbands, friends, and even your favorite non-profit organizations. I hope to help others gain passion for non-profits through issues that are important to them.

So, to kick us off I will be featuring the organization The Young and Brave.

Who: The Young and Brave

What: An organization that strives to help build a community of fellow young adult and small children cancer patients who can focus on fighting cancer while fundraising can take place to help raise money to pay for the treatments.

Why: This organization touched Matt, my brother Caleb, his girlfriend Ashley, and myself deeply. Having walked the path of having cancer with these three has been crazy insane, but we stumbled upon this organization and fell head over heels. We couldn't be more thrilled that something like this exists.

How You Can Help: There are two ways you can help if you have a soft spot for young cancer patients: 1. Donate to the foundation. They are solely non-profit, and do not take anything from patients who have done fundraising through them. There are expenses that come from running a foundation and they could use our support! 2. Support a Warrior (aka cancer fighters). These are the people who have cancer and are doing all they can to fight! Treatments cost money. A lot of money. Even with insurance, and it is crippling to have those bills come in while you are fighting.

Where:  http://www.theyoungandbrave.com/

Cancer breaks my heart. The disease is crippling and I thank God for keeping me close to Him during the last three years. My husband and I look forward to supporting this foundation for years to come and helping families beat cancer. This is the foundation that holds my heart. I hope it holds yours.



No comments:

Post a Comment